This was the 20th consecutive year of the Olympia Summer Academy, which has managed to thrive, despite the restrictions associated with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The interest in our course, from both Greece and abroad, remained remarkably high. In total, 40 students from 9 countries attended the course, two of whom were PhD researchers, seven were students studying towards a master’s degree, 25 were undergraduate students and six were high school students who were thrilled to get a glimpse of what it feels to attend demanding, high-level academic lectures. The participants attended 8 sessions, totaling 16 hours of class over four days, taught by 6 professors, three of whom travelled from abroad to teach.
• Orfeo Fioretos, Associate Professor of Political Science, Temple University, Philadelphia.
• Dimitris Keridis, Professor of International Politics, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences; Director, Olympia Summer Academy.
• Harry Papasotiriou, Professor of International Politics, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences; Director, Institute of International Relations.
• Wolfango Piccoli, Co-president and Director of Research, Teneo Intelligence.
• Betty Tsakarestou, Associate Professor at Panteion University, Dept. of Communication, Media & Culture, Greece, Head of Advertising and PR Lab.
2. Leadership and Public Diplomacy Challenges (Ino Afentouli)
3. Varieties of Global Governance (Orfeo Fioretos)
4. Entrepreneurial Public Diplomacy (Betty Tsakarestou)
5. The Trajectory of American Global Leadership (Harry Papasotiriou)
6. European Leadership in a Post-Brexit Europe (Dimitris Keridis)
7. Populism, Democracy and Governance: Lessons from Turkey, 2001-2021(Wolfango Piccoli)
8. Leadership and Risk Governance in a Pandemic World (Wolfango Piccoli)